Tuesday 29 November 2016

purplish odyssey



Picture Courtesy Google

pink to blue
blue to pink
a life long journey

is it pink that I like?
is it blue that you like, honey?
can we dare say no
and that it’s the other way

my barbie wore a blue colored dress
my kid’s pink
a long journey

oh honey, your tea is good
it eases out the sore cold;
while i write, do you mind,
… do you mind hanging the laundry?


please put her pink dress in, honey
it may fade;
his jeans out,
he likes it faded;
ours honey, don’t worry
we are weathered
we are more earthy…

yup, back to point;
blue and pink
a long journey
they have got blurred boundaries
and strong existence,
conflicting,
a boundary of many shades of purple
we cradle in them trying meanings

honey, let it be there,
i will polish your shoe,
get your bag ready,
lemme help with packing;
a week before me to stride alone
from A to Z,
come back soon
I don’t like tea alone

above the purple sea
i paint my white birds of freedom
bunch of white birds
moving in unison...




5 comments:

  1. Whistles!!❤️💝This is absolutely exquisitely penned, Sreeja! I love how you have portrayed the differences of gender with tenderness. Especially adore the lines; "above the purple sea i paint my white birds of freedom bunch of white birds moving in unison.." Thank you so much for participating at Prompt Nights and for your constant love and support❤️💝


    Lots of love,
    Sanaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how much harm is done by stereotyping the sexes to guide them one way or the other? I would prefer children made their own choices even at an early age and to be able to laugh at themselves seeing photos of themselves later, rather than be jealous of another child wearing something different that their own parents wouldn't approve of. Freedom is such a precious gift. Beautifully written Sreeja. P.S. My favorite colour as a child was purple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a beautiful one Sreeja; marking a gender with a color is so outrageous....

    ReplyDelete
  4. a boundary of many shades of purple
    we cradle in them trying meanings

    Being given choices in color selection makes one aware of the beauty of nature

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the palette and scene you have created here - purple is a good colour.. strong and yet a beautiful blend

    ReplyDelete