Wednesday 1 March 2017

Gift of Remembrance




















Google image


Nestling under the young rain tree
Doodled walls of a room breathed free;
Inside it chrysalises hung
Bearing words and colors of silence;  
Before leaving that room, I rummaged
Among boxes of letters, cards and feathers,
Colored threads and brushes and colors,
Scribbled diaries, flutes and dreams;
Squeezing each other inside the cupboards
They stared at me, being and not being and
Togetherness are choices of time;
Trees and flowers peeping through windows
Smiled as a breeze
gently sweeping dried leaves and dust.

There was a room and
I left it years ago, with no choice,
Mind fidgeted through choices and
I plucked my heart from among them
Carried it with me as a treasure box and
I no longer keep souvenirs
For being and not being and
Togetherness are choices of time…


Visit dVerse for poems on Memento!

15 comments:

  1. "For being and not being and
    Togetherness are choices of time…"...so true...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I no longer keep souvenirs
    For being and not being and
    Togetherness are choices of time…"

    Indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "For being and not being and
    Togetherness are choices of time…"

    There's so much depth in these lines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like keeping the heart as a treasure box in these lines: "Mind fidgeted through choices and
    I plucked my heart from among them
    Carried it with me as a treasure box"

    ReplyDelete
  5. The conclusion sums it up so well...

    I no longer keep souvenirs
    For being and not being and
    Togetherness are choices of time…

    Also no memento is a memento

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perhaps it is human nature to discard some mementos, and house the emotions within; less clutter that way. To be without being, quite the spiritual conundrum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In your words, I feel the sadness of letting go but also the strength that it took to do so. I especially love this...." I plucked my heart from among them
    Carried it with me as a treasure box".

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eloquently written. ...and in time will it ever exist.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What poignant and heart-felt words you've given us. They are a gift. Thank you.
    (And thank you for visiting my art blog. How nice of you to take the time!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your ending conclusion as well ~ In the end, you keep what is most important to you, today and right now ~

    ReplyDelete
  11. So such beauty and truth, in your words, not sure, where I shall begin, beyond saying, thank you. As poetry has become, my way of keeping memento, fresh, in my mind, as the trapping of my material world have been set aside, in my limited space, that I have, in my small apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Being, not being and togetherness are choices of time". Brilliant word usage. Great write!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you all for this great support ...!!

    ReplyDelete