Friday 12 May 2017

Things that filled my diary
















Google Image


It is the umpteenth time I took the diary
Just to write the things I hate
But should I even write negative things
Like gossip, the favorite time pass of ignorant toads,
The poison that ruins relations, like ego,
The creepy snake that comes so unnoticed,
Like selfishness, that doesn’t know what is acceptance

And then I kept my diary under the pillow
Should I even write negative things
To keep myself away from such poisons
Then I thought, why waste a paper on negative things
I have a million things in life to smile and smile and smile
Like the unfettered love from those who know acceptance
Like the million dollar smiles I see around in strangers
Like the million dollar stories I read every day
Like the words I weave to make my existence meaningful
Like the paint I smear on canvas for pure ecstasy
Like the million dollar things I can still learn from around
Like still being the toddler in everything, leaving space to learn
Like the trees around teaching how to be rooted
Like the clouds above teaching how to be free
Like the streams that teach how to be pure and flowing
And so I put my diary under the pillow
For it is the umpteenth time I took the diary
And ended up writing beautiful things in my life
For I won’t waste a second, even a single paper to write
Things that are all against love and smiles…


Visit dVerse Poets Pub for List Poetry


14 comments:

  1. Loving this--the very best antidote for depression is gratitude and focusing on those wonderful things that come to us each day--Yes, don't waste paper and ink on those negatives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LIFE

    Better be in love with story
    than to hate to miss the glory.
    When in love, the final ending
    will not be on luck depending.

    💛

    ReplyDelete
  3. I SO agree! For many years, I've had a small slate on which I've written "Count Blessings. Choose Happy" ... because I believe we can daily choose to dwell on negatives or choose to be happy about our blessings. Thank you for reaffirming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do I feel. this describes a person on the verge of freedom?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree not to waste thoughts and life on negative things when all the wonderful things in the world around us haven't been praised enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We should, but it takes strength to focus on the good things... a Pollyanna mindset

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had written this! So many of your marvelous lines are my life, Sreeja. Here are just two:
    "Like still being the toddler in everything, leaving space to learn
    Like the trees around teaching how to be rooted"

    I am now inspired to write a chapter ... So much Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much....I am feeling so blessed!!

      Delete
  8. Sreeja, I love this bright and positive outlook. There is so much joy, when our eyes and heart are open to it. Your feature will post on Monday at 12:30 p.m. US central time at poets united. Not sure when your time. See you There!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...this is something life taught me!

      Thank you for your support...this is such a blessing!

      Delete
  9. Thank you all...thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like the million dollar smiles I see around in strangers
    Like the million dollar stories I read every day
    Like the words I weave to make my existence meaningful
    Like the paint I smear on canvas for pure ecstasy

    Sigh.. gorgeous!!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a good and positivity filled read, just like the person u r! Sweet, rooted and inspiring. Love you loads sweetheart ❤

    ReplyDelete